Friday, August 21, 2009

Book Week - Day 5

Yes, I missed a day. Sorry! You can dock my pay if you want to.

I first started to hear about There Is No Me Without You through the various adoption blogs and websites that I frequent, especially ones that are for Ethiopia. Since I am cheap and our library didn't have it at the time, I never read it.

One day my sister-in-law Audra (who I believe had just started the adoption process for Ethopia) mentioned that she was reading a great book and told me about it. I was so happy when I realized it was this one. I borrowed it after she finished, and it lived up to my expectations.



It is a little slow in the beginning when it talks about Ethiopia's history, but getting through that part really does set up a solid context for the rest of the story that the book tells - a story of one woman who changed the lives of thousands of AIDS orphans.

It is a story that is especially close to my heart now that Levi and Audra have three beautiful Ethiopian children.

When I finished it, I wanted to change the world, and believed that I could.

Have you ever read a book that inspired you that way?