Thursday, August 27, 2009

Second Annual Back-to-School Dinner



On Monday we held our Back-to-School Dinner/FHE. It was first inspired last year by Nie, and though I will never pull it off as beautifully as her, I suppose I can get away with it since I have only boys, who wouldn't truly appreciate it if I did.





On the menu:


Zuppa Toscana with garlic butter crostini (okay, it was garlic bread)


Mom's Lasagna


Salad with broccoli and garden grape tomatoes




After dinner we had a special Family Home Evening highlighting this year's family motto, Our Home Should be a Sacred Refuge, which was inspired by this talk.

Although we have lived in this home for two years, we hadn't dedicated it yet, so after talking about it with the kids, we knelt and Chad offered a dedicatory prayer.


Our motto and a theme that we wrote that we are focusing on for the year are now hanging in our front room to remind us of our family goals.