Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Keepin' It Real Wednesday

And you thought your husband's feet were ugly......



Chad got home from work last evening and Colin immediately requested that he get his big Styrofoam airplane down from on top of the neighbors porch. Chad retrieved his expandable ladder and soon had the toy down. As Chad went to slide the ladder back down, it slid more quickly than he expected and landed right on his foot. I was in the front yard and saw it happen. He couldn't budge an inch - just stood there hunched over the ladder, gasping. I walked over as he took his sock off and gasped myself. It was immediately swollen. It did not look good.



Dinner was eaten quickly and then we dropped Colin and Gabe off at Sabina's and made our way over to the express care. After a few X-rays, it was determined that there was no break (THANK GOODNESS! I WOULD HAVE MURDERED MY CHILDREN DURING THE SIX WEEK RECOVERY PERIOD THE DR. WAS PREDICTING AND CHAD WOULD HAVE GONE MAD FROM SITTING STILL), but it was declared a "severe contusion." He is supposed to stay off of it for a week or so and got a prescription for night time pain relief.


I think he was a little disappointed that it wasn't broken because he wanted some proof that he wasn't exaggerating his pain level.
And let me just state that I can't really can't talk about ugly feet -mine are pretty bad - and the Dr. and the nurse kept looking at Chad's x-ray and telling him how excellent his bone structure was. Weird. I think the nurse was just flirting with him. She even mentioned her age (41 and she was blond. Cougar!) and made a joke about how he should wear that apron thingie during the x-ray if he "wanted to keep having more of those boys".

Poor Chaddycakes. Get well soon loves - and thanks for giving me some blog material.


(I'm not sure how well this fit into the Keepin' it Real category, but it is Wednesday and it has a yucky picture of a foot, so why not?)