Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Keepin' It Real Wednesday Meets Day 3 of Book Week

Let's be real here,

Chad and I haven't always had this perfect marriage ;o)

I would even say that for the first five years of our marriage, neither of us were completely happy with our relationship.

When it all came to a head, we read this book together,



and it completely changed our marriage and our lives.


I swear I don't use the term "life-changing" very often, but this book was exactly that.


If I weren't afraid of offending people, I would buy this book for every new couple as a wedding gift.

And even if you really don't "need it," it is downright interesting.

So here comes your own chance to keep it real -

Any self help books you have read that you can give an enthusiastic thumbs up to?


And let me just add, if you think, "Getting my husband to read a marriage book would be like pulling teeth"...yeah, that is pretty much what it was like, but I think Chad is happy with the results.