Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer night at the garden

During the summer, the garden stays open until 9 every Thursday (instead of it's normal closing time of 5). I completely forgot about this fact until last week when we went with my sister Lindsey. I have always wanted to go to the garden in the evening because the lighting is so much better for photography, so I decided to make a trip tonight without my kids (gasp).

It was even lovelier that usual in the evening - the scents were so strong and it was nice and cool. I was really enjoying myself and looking forward to a million un-rushed shots (though I wished I had brought my tripod). About a half an hour in though, my camera battery died. I had a nagging feeling all day that I should charge it, but I could have sworn that it was almost full, so I never did.

I spent the rest of my alone time just enjoying my stroll and taking paths I have never taken with the kids.
Speaking of kids, here are some pictures from our visit there last week with Lindsey, Lily, and Granny.