I got home from So You Think You Can Dance last night at about 1 am. Oliver, who had gone to sleep at a good time but then woke up at 9:30 to find me absent, decided to wait up for me. I think I drifted off to sleep sometime before 2.
In middle of having a horrible dream where Chad was cheating on me and didn't think there was anything wrong with it, I startled awake and realized it was 7:40 am, the exact time when I am supposed to have Colin ready for Bobby to pick him up. Running downstairs, I found him watching cartoons in his pajamas (even though he can tell time, he is still horribly oblivious to it). Chad was already gone for work and I needed to make Colin's lunch and get him fed and dressed. Exactly two minutes into it, Bobby rang that doorbell and I told him to go on without us.
By the time I got all the kids piled into the car, with the two youngest in their pajamas, we were 17 minutes away from Colin being tardy, and the drive there takes 15 minutes with NO traffic. I decided to make the drive over even more fun by going off on an angry tirade to my sweet husband who not only stayed up 'til 1 am for me, but cleaned the entire house while I was gone. He got the brunt of my nightmare and lack-of-sleep-induced grumpiness. Then of course there was an accident on the freeway, so when we got there 15 minutes after school started, I had to take Colin into the office to sign him in. Let's not forget that the other two were in their pajamas. A one year old in a sleeper is acceptable. A four year old in a sleeper? Not so much. I parked right in front of the office and had Gabe stay in the locked van while I ran in.
By this time I knew we couldn't make it to Gabe's 9 am speech session, so I called his speech teacher to let her know, only to find that the number I had for her was wrong.
Long story, and not very eloquently put, but here it is 11 am, I have gotten nothing done today and I just finished off my cheesecake and leftovers from last night. I put Oliver down for a nap at 10 am while Gabe finished off the remaining contents of the yogurt and box of granola. He is still in his sleeper, which he just informed me he had an accident in, and though I want to take a nap with Ollie, I hear him waking up.
But it was all worth it.
In middle of having a horrible dream where Chad was cheating on me and didn't think there was anything wrong with it, I startled awake and realized it was 7:40 am, the exact time when I am supposed to have Colin ready for Bobby to pick him up. Running downstairs, I found him watching cartoons in his pajamas (even though he can tell time, he is still horribly oblivious to it). Chad was already gone for work and I needed to make Colin's lunch and get him fed and dressed. Exactly two minutes into it, Bobby rang that doorbell and I told him to go on without us.
By the time I got all the kids piled into the car, with the two youngest in their pajamas, we were 17 minutes away from Colin being tardy, and the drive there takes 15 minutes with NO traffic. I decided to make the drive over even more fun by going off on an angry tirade to my sweet husband who not only stayed up 'til 1 am for me, but cleaned the entire house while I was gone. He got the brunt of my nightmare and lack-of-sleep-induced grumpiness. Then of course there was an accident on the freeway, so when we got there 15 minutes after school started, I had to take Colin into the office to sign him in. Let's not forget that the other two were in their pajamas. A one year old in a sleeper is acceptable. A four year old in a sleeper? Not so much. I parked right in front of the office and had Gabe stay in the locked van while I ran in.
By this time I knew we couldn't make it to Gabe's 9 am speech session, so I called his speech teacher to let her know, only to find that the number I had for her was wrong.
Long story, and not very eloquently put, but here it is 11 am, I have gotten nothing done today and I just finished off my cheesecake and leftovers from last night. I put Oliver down for a nap at 10 am while Gabe finished off the remaining contents of the yogurt and box of granola. He is still in his sleeper, which he just informed me he had an accident in, and though I want to take a nap with Ollie, I hear him waking up.
But it was all worth it.
(more pictures on facebook)