Thursday, October 8, 2009

Return the Favor

Chad walked in from Home Depot last night, covered in sweat and completely out of breath. His face was splotchy and the first thing he said was, "You owe me big time!"

He had just finished squeezing, finagling, and hauling four very large trees in and out of our van. Not to brag or anything, but Chad is not exactly a weakling (he has guns, I'm tellin' ya), so I knew that if he was spent in such a manner, it had been a difficult task indeed. He warned me that my van was pretty dirty, and I hushed him and told him not to worry.

We went out to the van this morning to head to the YMCA, and I opened the door to find this mess.


Gabe said we needed to get a new van, and I almost agreed. Trashed. Completely trashed.

After scooping and vacuuming inches of soil and evergreen needles out of my year-old van for an hour, I think it is now clear who owes whom.

And don't think that Five Guys is gonna cut it this time.