Sure, sometimes we all know each other's business too well, but this week has been a great reminder of why it is so nice to have Robert and Sabina so close. (For those of you that don't know, Robert is my brother and he and his family live just a short drive away - they would even be in our ward if they didn't attend the Spanish branch)
On Tuesday, Liam and Evan came over while Sabina assisted at Santi's field day. Field day isn't something you want to have to pay a sitter for, and it is no big deal for me to have the boys hang out with my boys for a few hours. Works out great for everyone!
On Thursday, Sabina called at around 9:30 in the morning and asked if Gabe wanted to play. When I took Gabe over, she said not to bother picking him up until I dropped Santi off from school - at 3:15! That means that all day long, it was just the baby and I (and he was particularly fussy that day, so I was very thankful) and Gabe couldn't have been happier having that much cousin time. When I dropped Santi off, Sabina told me that she had made too much dinner and persuaded me to take some home with me. Basically, she made my day. Thanks Sabina!
Later today - it is date time for Chad and I, courtesy of Sabina.
I really have a hard time letting people (other than Chad) do things for me. So the best thing is, I know that when they volunteer to do things for us, or say it is no problem to babysit every once in awhile, I know they mean it - because that is how I feel about helping them out. My kids have no idea how lucky they are to have cousins who are their best friends and aunts and uncles who will always treat them like their own.
Did you know that my mom and dad are moving to the neighborhood next to mine this July? My blessings are about to double!