Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summertime?



So far our summer has included the following activities:

A walk every morning to the pond and back. I push the two little ones in the jogging stoller and Colin rides his bike. Once we get there Colin reads some Chinese books aloud to me and I read to Gabe. It is the first thing we do after breakfast is over.

A trip to Ikea. Gabe has been wanting to go ever since we were supposed to go with my mom and didn't get a chance, so I thought now would be good time, since Colin could go too. Every other mom in Charlotte must have had the same idea as me, because it was SO crowded the kids had to wait for their turn in the play area.

Lots of trips to Blockbuster. As a congratulations for a great report card, we got Colin a week of Wii rentals. He can have two games out at once, and Chad has taken his almost every day to trade them in for new ones. It lasts until Tuesday night and Colin is already whining that it is going to end.

A trip to the library to sign up for their summer reading program.

A couple of McDonald's visits.

Chad took Colin and Gabe to see "Up" yesterday. Chad said Gabe was laughing so hard that he almost had to tell him to shush. They all loved it.

A SYTYCD party at my house last Thursday.

Wow. It really looks like a lot considering school just got out last Wednesday! I have already warned Colin that last week was extra fun but this week we go back to normal life - I actually have to get things done around here. This is what we will be doing for the rest of the summer though:

Lots of trips to the pool

Lots of playing in the little pool on the patio.

Lots of water balloons.

A walk to the pond every morning. I really want to keep this up.

Gardening.

Lots of playing with the neighborhood gang.

Free movies every Tuesday.

Music by the Pond.

A trip to Spokane the last week in June and first week in July so that Oliver can meet his grandparents! We are all so excited! Have I ever mentioned how much I love Spokane?

Hanging out with my parents when we get back, and helping them get settled.

A visit from my sister Ashley and her family. We get to meet little Isaac.

It is going to be a great summer! What are you up to?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great time! Good luck keeping your pond walk going strong. Esp when the humidity bears down on you.

We are hosting guests for a couple weeks! It's so fun to have cousins to play with.

lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Wow, fun summer! So far we've made about 30 trips to Walmart and 2 trips to the wading pool. But it will get a lot more fun as Isaac gets older. Can't wait to go to Nauvoo!

Christie said...

Packing, moving, doctor appts...

em said...

outside.
outside.
outside.
more outside.
and hopefully the pork loin will learn to sleep past 6:15. it's really draining me!

Mac said...

You are such a good mum!!!!

We will be going to the pool (lots) , library, zoo and camping in the back yard. I JUST LOVE SUMMER!!

Jamie said...

Working :(