Friday, January 29, 2010

Gabe's turn

Gabe and I have been working together in Teach Your Child to Read In 100 Easy Lessons. Just like with Colin, I told him we would go on a date when he hit lesson number 25. Today was that day!

When it was time to decide where to go on our date, he immediately knew he wanted to ride the train. He even saved his Mike and Ike's for the trip.

It was a very simple date - a train ride to McDonald's and then back to our car. My boy had his smile on the whole time, and couldn't stop talking. I loved spending time with him, and I am so proud of how hard he worked to earn the date. He is already deciding what he will do when he earns another date at lesson 50.

Hurray for Gabe!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay Gabe! I've already decided that next year when I homeschool Rae I'm going work with Blaise with this book. I bought it to work with Rae, but by the time I started it she had already taught herself to read.

I love getting a chance to be alone with each kid - so much of their true personality comes out!

Olivia Carter said...

What adorable pictures! (I especially like the first one with you & Gabe). And what a great date.

I agree with Ashley. Each kid really shines when you spend an afternoon alone with them. I love doing that.

Kelly said...

Such a great idea!

Audra said...

I have had a lot of Nolan time lately and he is hilarious one on one! He is quite cleaver and has a way with words!!! The sad part is our time together has been the dentist, me getting lost in Charlotte, and then going to South Char. to get ice cream mix.

I am proud of him! He is such a cutie!!!

Jamie said...

That is a really good idea Katie! You guys do look so cute together! Gabe has that cute Jeppson smile!

Nelle said...

Cute blog and yay for Gabe. That is a fun date night.

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

What a cute kid. You are such a good mom!