Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keepin' It Real Wednesday

Dear Katie,

When your house is relatively clean...

You have finished a healthy salmon dinner.....

Your kids are getting along.....

You are upstairs helping them finish their chores....

And you are feeling really "on top of things"....

Beware of Pride.

Don't forget that one last kitchen detail.

Put all three bar stools up on the kitchen island.

Not 2 out of 3.


Because your climbing toddler will take advantage of that five minute "chore time" and quietly creep downstairs, where he will push that bar stool around to his heart's desire, and do his own chores.

Like washing the dishes

And breaking bananas open, taking a bite, and then shoving the rest in the toaster....
where half-eaten bananas belong, of course.


Because Katie,

You now have that toddler.

Remain vigilant!


(for more "Keepin' It Real Wednesdays", click on the blue label below)

9 comments:

Cat said...

Oh my, Katie....I think Oliver and Jonah have been sharing tips through the fence! Btw - I love your blog! I've been meaning to comment before but always get side tracked (hmmm, wonder why?). : )

Ashley said...

Oh my word Katie - I've always been so glad that I don't have one of "those" kids! I'm always shocked by stories like these and question the parenting skills sometimes, but I'm starting to realize that my older two kids are just not that type of kids, but Isaac might be! It is totally just the kid's personality, and I'm so sorry you got one!

Chad Coleman said...

Oliver is non-stop folks. I remember one time when I was putting Oliver to bed about 6 months ago, and he tried to get off the bed 26 different times before deciding to lay down and resigned himself to go to bed. The good thing about him is that he takes "No" really well. That banana thing is new though - too funny!

Em said...

hahahahahahahaha

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, banana in the toaster! That sounds like my toddler. Though he's old enough to know not to do that but does it anyway.

Good luck with guard duty!

lindsey said...

wow you really do have to keep an eye on that one. He sure is cute when he does it though :)

Audra said...

You have to just embrace it when you have "that child" and see it as a strength that will manefest itself in great ways some day!!!

Put words like Smart (knowing when to sneak off), Creative (banana in the toaster is a new one), and helpful (doing the dishes) to teh whole situation and you can feel better about it.

Katie said...

Catherine - what a handful those two are, huh? Can you imagine when they are old enough to play together? Watch out!

Ashley - I know! I also questioned the parenting too, but now I know how impossible these kids can be to stay on top of!

Olivia - Yes, I could totally picture Oliver swallowing a battery too!

Lindsey - You are so right. He is just so downright adorable, even when he is causing trouble. He is SUCH a joy in our life.

Audra - I know! I think about that all the time. His mom says he sounds just like Chad was, and I would love for him to be just like his daddy when he grows up, so that is fine by me!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

What a darn cute kid. How can you be upset when you see a face like that?