Picture provided by Meredith. My parents with Levi, Bobby, and Christie. Based on Levi’s size, I am thinking it was right around Christmas 1978.
I came in as the 3rd daughter-in-law----you and Marie were already well settled into the family. I married the baby. How could I compete with you!?! Christie was 5 and quoting poetry! Christie and Bobby were sweet and cute and well-behaved---and you kept having MORE sweet and cute babies.
And then you moved to Idaho and had goats----so I could compete with that. And then you moved BACK TO CALIFORNIA! aaaaaargh!
You taught seminary, gospel doctrine, you directed the road shows, you sew, you shopped at Sam's----and worst of all---you were nice. You were nice to me. HOW CAN THAT BE? You are everything i want to be----AND NICE....well....except the goats---never wanted goats.
The sweetest moment----in Cedar City at that farm museum type thing with the 10ft tall sunflowers---we talked about the PPA. We had gone to the Monticello temple together a few years before and that began your fight. As we walked, we cried together, we laughed together----you felt like a sister----you are my sister.
