Thursday, August 14, 2008

Notes

Dear Kind Lady at Discovery Place,

It was 9:15, only a quarter of an hour after Discovery Place opened, and I was the crazy lady asking you if you had a spare diaper, and um, maybe some wipes too. Yes, I remembered to pack sack lunches, yet brought nothing to change my son. He must have sensed this because he went number 2 for the first time in public in probably a year and a half. Thank you kind lady, for giving me two diapers with shining eyes that told me you genuinely understood and were happy to do it for me. Because I really didn't want to have to go all the way home and I really didn't want to wander around Uptown Charlotte trying to find a place to buy diapers.

Sincerely,
Spacey Mom

Dear Hotdog-in-tortilla-with-cheese,

You rock. Guess what? I have only gained a pound in the last month, so I don't give a darn if you are loaded with calories, fat, and tons of fake stuff. I deserve you. You are the perfect snack at 10 pm, accompanied by ketchup and mustard. I even got Chad to try you today - even though he went overboard and had two hotdogs in a tortilla, which I think is just overkill (especially when you have high cholesterol!) Thanks for not giving me gas, even though I had it coming to me.

With love,
Self-Pitying Katie

Dear Mother Nature,

Thank you thank you thank you for the morning showers yesterday and thank you for the autumnal afternoon. I actually went out in my garden and took a little walk with the boys. Thank you for providing a brief respite from the typical August weather. It was noticed and appreciated.

Humbly,
Briefly Revigorized Nature Lover

Dear Friends and Family,

I haven't been commenting on blogs and I keep missing phone calls (I swear that part hasn't been on purpose- I've been keeping my phone in it's charger "just in case"). I am in total witch-mode right now (ask my kids), so you should probably be grateful that I have been removing myself from society. I promise if you leave a message I will call you back. And I am still reading and enjoying your blogs.

~Katie

Dear Full-Moon this Saturday,

I have heard rumors about you and I am counting on them being true. You are my last chance before having to go to church again when no one is expecting me to be there. I don't want to answer the due date questions again. Just please don't make the delivery rooms so full that I don't get one of those rooms with the outside patios, because I really want one of those. Oh, and if you could somehow take control of my amniotic sac a day earlier (meaning tomorrow - Friday), I would really love it, because my midwives don't work on the weekend. Okay, that's a lot to ask, but I will take any of it.

Pleadingly,
A pathetic woman

9 comments:

Ash said...

Totally can relate to how grateful you are to that lady for the diapers!

Did Chad like the hotdog thingy? Two hotdogs in one tortilla sounds gross. Soooo, did he decide to just take the higher life insurance costs and ignore the high cholesterol? ;)

Glad you had some nicer weather. We've had some nice weather and rain too and it's been great.

So you are saying that if you were to comment on my blog you'd end up saying something witchy? Are they so annoying that you wouldn't be able to come up with something nice to say? :) And you did comment about the gray hairs, and I do agree that we are super low-maintenance.

A room with a patio sounds lovely! I hope you get one, but just wait till Monday so you're sure to have your midwives there. And just skip church!!

Christie said...

What is it with you and Ashley and the diapers?! I guess it's my turn next, although in the same time period I've been on the "giving" end twice for wipes at Church.

Less than one week until my Birthday; you can make it ;)

lindsey said...

i found this very entertaining.. the other night we wee roastig hotdogs over a fire i the backyard and i had a craving to put cheese on it.. couldn't figure out why... oh yea! i'm a jeppson! gotta go make one now:)

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Katie, I so enjoy your blogs, you are funny. I hope all your wishes come true with this impending birth. But, I have to admit that I am one of those who would make a stupid comment at church on Sunday about you looking like you are ready to burst! sorry, that's the senility of us seniors who don't remember how annoying those remarks can be. Tanille is having her baby next Thurs and I still ask her about the due date every time I see her. But, seriously, you are doing fine, the boys look like they are loving all the "staying busy" times and you are still able to get out and about. I'm sure you're not as witchy as you think, we love you anyway.

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Katie, I so enjoy your blogs, you are funny. I hope all your wishes come true with this impending birth. But, I have to admit that I am one of those who would make a stupid comment at church on Sunday about you looking like you are ready to burst! sorry, that's the senility of us seniors who don't remember how annoying those remarks can be. Tanille is having her baby next Thurs and I still ask her about the due date every time I see her. But, seriously, you are doing fine, the boys look like they are loving all the "staying busy" times and you are still able to get out and about. I'm sure you're not as witchy as you think, we love you anyway.

Bob said...

I love your blogs. I've had a couple of hot dogs in the tortilla this week. I'm glad that you remember something that we taught you. We are officially empty nesters as of a few hours ago. Bryce should be arriving in St. George as I write this.

Katie said...

Thanks Dad and Pat.

Ashley,
I might be able to refrain from sounding witchy, but I just don't feel like putting forth the effort! :o)

Christie - looks like it might be your birthday afterall! Actually, now that sounds pretty darn good!

Meredith said...

hot dogs in tortillas? really? with cheese? hmmmm---we'll have to try it---must be a bob & linda jeppson thing?
if only we could all use pregnancy as an excuse to be witchy---but we cant---so enjoy it while you can! :)
and if you stay pregnant you get to enjoy the olympics undistracted.

Jamie said...

Hey Bob,
Aaron wants to know if Chica is in a sweater yet or if you bought the RV first. :)