Friday, August 8, 2008

Operation:Keep Busy, Day 2

We used the free kid's meal certificates that the boys earned by completing our library's summer reading program and went to Bob Evan's. The boys really enjoyed it and totally pigged out. Click on Gabe's picture and check out his coloring. He is amazing!















Then we went to Hobby Lobby and wasted a lot of time walking around. I let Colin choose a craft, so we got some Suncatchers. Did you ever do those when you were a kid? I did, and I loved them.






And of course Sabina and I watched the Finale last night! I was a little surprised that Katee got kicked off before the two boys, but I didn't have strong opinions about who should win. Honestly, besides the money, I don't think winning makes much of a difference in anyone's life. They have all gotten the same amount of exposure and does anyone remember Nick or Sabra better for winning? I was happy for Joshua and his sweet little story.

Oh, and the show itself was GREAT! Loved seeing all the previous season participants coming back.

4 comments:

lindsey said...

i was a little disappointd that twitch didn't win because i loved his personality, but man were joshuas jumps AMAZING in the russian dance. i was watching it with a group of people who didn't like katee but i really did. anyway it was a great episode!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I agree with Lindsey, Joshua sold me with the Russian dance and those jumps. But I think a couple of shows ago Twitch had the best solo ever (even though I hate those solos because they are 2 short). But it was a good finale!

Christie said...

I'm just amazed that you can take a 2 year old into Hobby Lobby. Elizabeth in Hobby Lobby would be a nightmare...yes, that's pretty; don't touch!

Olivia Carter said...

OH man! I loved sun catchers back in the day! Looks like you are keeping busy! HURRAY!