Friday, September 2, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part II


This post was written by my brother-in-law James Blair.  I really liked hearing his perspective.
My mother-in-law is love in action.

She accepted me pretty quick. She did not have much time, but she didn’t need it.
See this dress?

It did not come from a store. It was a custom order. She made it with love for a special daughter who finally found the man who matched the dress.

She also made something special for me. It was a surprise. It was a good surprise. The groom’s cake tradition was new to her, but she took it and had fun.
Speaking of having fun, she has never missed a chance to have fun with her grandkids. This was right after Jeb was born. How many Grannys would do this for their grandkids?

http://blairbears.blogspot.com/2009/09/granny-dancin-in-rain.html  (click for a video)

Love in action sometimes means dancing in the rain with 2 and 3 year old granddaughters.

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Love these posts!

The Husband said...

This is great James!

-Ashley (because I know I'm signed in as Roy but don't feel like signing out)

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

That is quite a tribute from a sil, thanks James

Kathy said...

Glad to know she is appreciated by "in-laws", too.