Thursday, September 8, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part XII

This post was written by my brother Aaron Jeppson, who even provided the picture of himself starting 1st grade. 

1st grade

I can’t find one word to describe my mother. So I will just write.

My mother knows me.

I remember when I was 17. I was getting ready for a date and my mother said, “Do you know who I think would be someone fun to take out some time? Jamie Bowles.” Surprised, I pretended to be upset that she was interfering with my social life.

In reality I didn’t want her to think it was her idea. I was waiting for Jamie to turn 16. But it was nice to know I had my mom’s approval.

So much of who I am comes from my mother. She is outgoing and never afraid of a crowd. She’s creative and can think on the spot. Like Bryce, mom helped me through numerous school projects the night before they were due. That’s how I learned to brainstorm and how to go off-script (or B.S.) when needed.

Mom is frugal. I learned that from her. She made almost all my clothes for school for at least the first 3 years. (I don’t blame her for early 90’s style) I learned how to manage money and separate wants from needs.

My mom is funny . She’s a quick joke, a nose-scrunch, a smile and a chuckle.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is a great story about Jamie, Aaron. And you are such a little cutie in that picture. It reminds me so much of my own little boys and my love for them - makes me think about how much Mom surely loves you.

Ashley said...

Wow Aaron, we wore some awesome clothes. I too appreciate that mom taught us to separate wants from needs - such an important lesson to learn!