Sunday, September 4, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part V


This is Cathy Monnett, who has been one of the best friends in my mom’s life.  This is what she has to say about my mom:


Linda is giving.
 
In the ten years we spent in Blythe, I watched her make so many sacrifices for her children. She would spend all night sewing to make them school clothes, costumes, whatever they needed. She was always there to drive them wherever they needed to go, to attend all their events, and to cheer them on. She focused all her energy on making things nice for them. I remember her buying larger size baggies for their lunches so she could send homemade popcorn as a snack, and we both bought bags of cereal marshmallows to add to the generic cereal we used. (If I were allowed an extra word to describe her, it would be resourceful:)

Linda gave so much of herself to her children that I think it's fair to say that anyone who knows them, knows her.

Linda is a beautiful person (I know, another adjective) and I'm privileged to know her. Love you!  Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

My friends were always so jealous of my lunches! Popcorn, homemade bread sticks, rice crispy treats! I could usually trade for anything I wanted!

Chad Coleman said...

You are so right Cathy! Of course we didn't even realize when we were younger that she did SO much for us, but with only four kids now, I think about everything she did, and I marvel.

Katie said...

Oops, that was me, Katie :o)